29 Sep-1 Oct 2022
Society for Research into Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida (SRHSB) Annual Conference
- Dr Lisa Healy will present: Optimising cognitive assessment in adults with idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (iNPH)
- Dr Rocío Fernández Méndez will present: Impact of BASICS trial on ventriculoperitoneal shunt surgery practice: a UK Shunt Registry based study
26-30 Sep 2022
Bridging the Gap: from Brain Mechanics to Brain Dynamics
9–12 Sep 2022
Hydrocephalus 2022, Gothenburg, Sweden
The 14th Meeting of the Hydrocephalus Society
- Dr Olivier Balédent presented: CSF flow dynamics versus morphological and pressure-related parameters considered in NPH patients.
- Dr Lisa Healy presented: Assessment of cognition and psychological wellbeing in adults with iNPH.
- Dr Peter Smielewski presented on the link between cerebral blood flow and cerebrospinal compensatory parameters in NPH.
- Keynote II – Dr Peter Smielewski presented the Reversible Dementia Project (REVERT).
- Dr Cyrille Capel discussed Resistance to cerebrospinal fluid outflow versus “pseudo” intracranial compliances in hydrocephalus patients.
- Dr Capel presented on “Pseudo” intracranial compliances in hydrocephalus patients.
16 & 17 June 2022
6th International Cerebrospinal Fluid Dynamics Symposium, Florida
Dr Olivier Balédent (University of Picardy Jules Verne and Amiens University Hospital) presented ‘Intracranial volume dynamics in Arnold-Chiari Syndrome’. In his presentation he discussed software being developed as part of REVERT to analyse flow MRI recordings.
PhD student Adam Pelah (University of Cambridge) presented work he is doing with Dr Zofia Czosnyka, exploring the relationship between cerebral blood flow and intracranial pressure in suspected hydrocephalus cases. The talk was entitled: ‘Association between pulsatile components of cerebral blood flow and intracranial pressure in patients with suspected hydrocephalus.
10 June 2022
ICM+ workshop in Wrocław, Poland
Dr Peter Smielewski and Dr Erta Beqiri (Brain Physics Laboratory, Cambridge) led a free workshop on ICM+ brain monitoring software.
7–12 May 2022
Joint Annual Meeting ISMRM-ESMRMB & ISMRT 31st Annual Meeting, London
Dr Olivier Balédent, Dr Pan Liu and Professor Marek Czosnyka presented at the conference.
- Professor Marek Czosnyka: Intracranial pressure and CSF flow
- Dr Olivier Balédent and Dr Pan Liu: session on Neurofluids: From Macro to Micro – ‘Real-Time Phase Contrast MRI to quantify cerebral arterial flow variations during normal breathing’
- Dr Olivier Balédent and Dr Pan Liu: digital poster session on Processing & Analysis: Software Tools & Visualization II – ‘Flow 2.0 – a flexible, scalable, cross-platform post-processing software for real-time phase contrast sequences’
The video recordings are available below.
Watch the video on real-time phase contrast MRI, presented by Dr Pan Liu.
17 Mar 2022
Training seminar: cerebrospinal fluid dynamics
The training seminar covered the following topics:
- 14:00 UK time
CSF dynamics – Prof. Marek Czosnyka
- 14:20 UK time
Infusion test in non-shunted patients – Dr Zofia Czosnyka
- 14:40 UK time
Shunt technology – Prof. Marek Czosnyka
- 15:00 UK time
Infusion test in shunted patients – Dr Zofia Czosnyka
1 Dec 2021
GDR MECABIO meeting
On 1 December, Dr Kimi Owashi presented at the GDR MECABIO meeting in Grenoble, France. She discussed the objectives we aim to achieve, and the different sources of information we will feed into our simulation model (PC-MRI, ICP, morphology).
30 Nov 2021
Steering Group Meeting
Our twice-yearly meeting with the Steering Group.
22–26 Nov 2021
Hospital training visit in France
Dr Smielewski and Dr Czosnyka paid a visit to French partner hospitals Brest and Caen, providing hands-on training and support on ICM+ brain monitoring software and infusion tests.
26-30 Sep 2022
Meeting of the Association des Neurologues Libéraux de Langue Française, Amiens, France: Neurology from age 60+
Dr Cyrille Capel talked about the REVERT project and normal pressure hydrocephalus: explorations using morphological and flow MRI, and using infusion tests.
26-30 Sep 2022
Bobby Jones CSF Research Colloquium
Mr Alexis Joannides gave a talk entitled ‘REVERT: Developing an international integrated clinical and research network for transforming current management of normal pressure hydrocephalus’. The agenda included presentations on novel topics related to Chiari malformation, syringomyelia and related disorders.
07 Oct 2021
Société Française de Neurochirurgie (French Neurosurgery Society) Conference
Webinar by ASSOCIATION APAISER
CHIARI : analysing and preventing failures
27–29 Sep 2021
Congrès de la SFRMBM
Optimisation et Précision de l’IRM Echo Planar en contraste de phase (Optimisation and precision of echo planar phase contrast MRI) – Pan Liu et al., CHIMERE, Amiens
23 Sep 2021
National teaching days in France
Dr Cyrille Capel presented a talk in French entitled, ‘How do valves work?’ as part of a session on pathologies of the cerebrospinal fluid.
22–24 Sep 2021
Society of British Neurological Surgeons Conference
Mr Alexis Joannides gave a talk on the merits of using CSF infusion tests for accurate diagnostics of shunt malfunction in vivo; Dr Peter Smielewski gave a talk on the mathematical modelling behind the estimation of brain compliance from CSF constant rate infusion tests. The team also had a REVERT (and ICM+) stand with a 2m REVERT roller banner prominently displayed.
10–13 Sep 2021
Hydrocephalus 2021: the Thirteenth Meeting of the Hydrocephalus Society
Speakers from the REVERT project team presented at the Thirteenth Meeting of the Hydrocephalus Society.
Friday 10th at 19:50 CET (18:50 BST): Dr Peter Smielewski presented REVERT: An EU Project to Establish a Clinical Network for Transforming the Current Management of NPH in the UK and France
Sunday 12th at 19:35 CET (18:35 BST): Prof. Marek Czosnyka discussed Brain Physics in the Diagnosis of Hydrocephalus
Sunday 12th at 19:50 CET (18:50 BST): Dr Zofia Czosnyka discussed ICP Dynamics in Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
02 Jul 2021
Steering Group Meeting
Our twice-yearly meeting with the Steering Group Committee
25 Jun 2021
REVERT Kick-Off Meeting: Hydrocephalus Round Table
We held our hydrocephalus round table event on Zoom with speakers from the fields of neuroscience, neurosurgery and Artificial Intelligence. Watch the round table event videos here.
15–20 May 2021
International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine conference (ISMRM-SMRT), 2021
Dr Olivier Balédent gave a talk on cerebral flow measurements using MRI. Dr Balédent also set up an international study group within the ISMRM on Imaging Neurofluids, which will serve as a relevant platform for the REVERT project.